IT and business units constantly look for ways to increase employee productivity. Productive employees are even more important during challenging economic times as many enterprises will cut staff to save costs and are forced to do more with less. Eliminating unproductive practices is one way to boost employee production, and it costs less while producing the same results as more expensive methods. This research note discusses issues surrounding employee productivity, including:
- How employee productivity is measured.
- Potential financial losses every year due to underproductive IT employees.
- Reasons for improving IT staff productivity.
- Different types of unproductive practices.
- Tactical recommendations for the elimination of unproductive practices.
By eliminating unproductive practices, an organization can realize the full potential of its workforce and remain competitive in the market despite limited staff.