RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Determining power requirements is an important aspect of server room planning and design whether IT is building or refreshing the server room, or performing due diligence. However, this can be a difficult number to estimate if the server room is not monitored separately.
Use this tool to estimate:
- Existing server room power load requirements.
- Future server room power load requirements.
- The power load requirements of other equipment.
- The total power requirements for the server room.
- The size of generator needed.
By understanding the information and calculations involved in estimating power requirements, IT can ensure that the server room has enough power to support both current and future needs.
This downloadable tool is associated with the research note, “Estimating Server Room Power Requirements: How Much Is Enough?”