Plan your BPM implementation by creating a step-by-step plan outlining how the solution will be integrated into the organization's current IT landscape. Following the proper configuration and integration of the tool, you can then begin to train users and automate business processes.
As you plan your implementation, we recommend you:
- Refine your solution's architecture
- Install and configure the solution
- Import the business's organizational structure
- Train IT and business users
- Implement your selected pilot process
- Automate additional processes
- Plan the handover to operations
In order for these steps to be successful, recognize change management concerns and create a communication and engagement plan that will support the adoption and management of your organization's BPM suite. Once your solution has been implemented and you have begun to automate business processes, look to grow the scope of the tool organically by expanding automation to linked processes.
This is phase IV in the four-phase Select and Implement the Right BPM Solution for the Organization blueprint.