Prior to launching your BPM procurement project, ensure that the proper buy-in, planning, and resource engagement has occurred. Before proceeding to requirements gathering and vendor evaluations:
- Identify the organization's preparedness for implementing BPM technology
- Identify the expected business benefits
- Create a resource plan that outlines roles and responsibilities
- Create a project plan
- Identify project stakeholders and create project oversight
- Brainstorm risks and constraints and create a plan for mitigating or preventing these potential ssues
Conduct your necessary due diligence at the onset of your project to ensure that your IT procurement project aligns with the business and is able to fulfill the objectives laid out for it.
This is phase I in the four-phase Select and Implement the Right BPM Solution for the Organization blueprint.