Prior to launching your backup procurement project, ensure that the proper buy-in, planning, and resource engagement has occurred. Without these three critical components, your project will likely fail to gain the necessary traction and you will be unable to select and implement a backup solution that aligns with your organization's needs.
- Identify the organization's preparedness for implementing the backup solution through an assessment of your current backup architecture strategy.
- Identify the expected business benefits from re-evaluating your backup solution.
- Develop a backup architecture strategy plan.
- Create a resource plan that outlines roles and responsibilities.
- Map your current and idealized backup architecture.
- Create a project plan for your project.
- Identify project stakeholders and create project oversight.
- Brainstorm risks and constraints and create a plan for mitigating or preventing these potential project issues.