A Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) is not complete without a full test of its capabilities and the timely identification of potential shortfalls. With the series of DRP research notes laid out in ITA Premium Small Enterprise, readers will have so far:
- Conducted a DRP kickoff meeting.
- Defined the scope of the DRP.
- Performed an operational analysis.
- Performed a risk assessment/business impact analysis.
- Developed RPOs and RTOs.
- Developed and defined roles for a DRP recovery team.
The next step is to scenario test the DRP. This research note discusses the elements involved with DRP and provides information on the four different types of DRP testing, sample testing scenarios, and a downloadable testing worksheet template.