RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Technically sophisticated small enterprises with advanced Web application requirements who have invested in quality assurance (QA) can benefit from automated performance testing. An automated testing tool can help IT determine an application’s performance attributes and avoid potential performance bottlenecks before deployment – when debugging costs are less expensive. Info-Tech Research Group recently evaluated five of the leading automated performance testing tools. This research note focuses on Microsoft’s Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) 2008 Test Edition and Test Load Agent.
This evaluation discusses:
- Current trends in the automated performance testing market.
- Microsoft’s vendor position.
- Key features of VSTS 2008 Test Edition and Test Load Agent.
- Pricing, support, and licensing details.
- Strengths and weaknesses of Microsoft’s performance testing products.
Evaluate Microsoft’s performance testing offering in terms of vendor and product viability, pricing, and licensing to determine if VSTS 2008 Test Edition and Test Load Agent will meet QA needs in the small enterprise.