With an understanding of the target and current states, it's time to conduct a gap analysis, create a roadmap, and finalize the strategy. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Identify gaps in IT capabilities to reach the target state.
- Identify current IT initiatives and then define their links to IT and business goals.
- Identify new IT initiatives from each of the seven perspectives based on capability changes.
- Create profiles for each defined initiative to understand business benefits, risks, funding, and dependencies.
- Secure strategy approval through budgeting and roadmapping.
- Establish a process for communicating and refreshing the IT strategy.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint Rapidly Develop an IT Strategy.