Portfolio monitoring is a management level process for managing the successful delivery of projects across the organization. Since managers are not part of the day-to-day operations of projects, it is important for them to stay informed of project progress and status in order to make good decisions. Leverage the tools provided in this module to successfully monitor, track and report real-time progress on the entire project portfolio.
This module consists of one step:
- Monitoring the Portfolio
When you have completed this module, you will have:
- A comprehensive guide to help with the portfolio monitoring process, from start to finish.
- A sound portfolio monitoring approach that you can use for future projects.
- An easy to use tool for collecting, organizing, and analyzing the project portfolio through the use of a dashboard.
- A standard and repeatable method to ensure that out-of-control situations or issues are quickly recognized and acted upon.
- An e-mail template to communicate expectations of the portfolio process to project managers.
Tools included in this bundle:
- Portfolio Monitoring Process Guide
- E-mail to Project Managers Template
- Portfolio Dashboard Tool