RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
In a Web 2.0 world, software developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals must deliver fast applications – even when accessed by multiple users over widely varying network links. Automated performance testing can verify that applications are fast enough and pinpoint performance bottlenecks if they are not.
This research note discusses the following:
- Key performance test types.
- Business and technical benefits of performance testing.
- Advantages and disadvantages of automation.
- Key features of automated performance testing tools.
- Commonly implemented performance testing methodologies.
Understand how performance testing can help improve software quality and determine if the enterprise can benefit from automated performance testing.