The New Leader Business Strategy and Planning Template should be an iterative document that grows and develops throughout the first 100 days on the job and beyond. Start creating your own document by defining the following elements:
- Departmental vision or mission.
- Informed environmental scan.
- Clear strategic imperatives.
- Estimated costs and benefits.
- Recommendations or success factors.
New leaders must begin creating a well informed strategy within the first 100 days on the job. It is essential to document this strategy and plan in order to consult stakeholders and gain buy-in. In the future, use the template to solidify your long-term plan.