Many companies focus exclusively on the technology aspects of the IT Strategy ignoring the fact that it is often the human factors that have a more direct impact on overall strategy success. Any time you develop an IT Strategy, consider how well the IT organization is positioned to deliver it.
What are the strengths and weaknesses of our IT organization – our services, our skills, and our processes?
In particular, how ready are we to do our part to act on company priorities?
What changes do we need to make in how we deliver IT services in the near-term, medium-term, and long-term?
These questions are addressed by your IT Organization Direction.
The IT Organization Direction needs to consider several things: skills and capabilities, services and processes, and organization structure.
Tools included in this bundle:
- Irregular IT Staff Inventory
- IT-Business Interaction Model
- IT Organizational Gaps
- IT Service Model Alignment Tool
- IT Skills Inventory
- IT Skills Inventory - Light Version
- IT Staffing Worksheet
- Statement of Organization and Capability Direction
- Organization and Capability Improvement Opportunity Template
- Staff Level Allocation Tool