RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
The knowledge that ticket templates, knowledgebases, and self-serve portals improve service desk effectiveness is quite common. Yet common knowledge has not transformed into common practice. As ticket backlogs grow, service desks are losing sight of organizational priorities. End users are losing trust in service desk abilities and, instead, turning elsewhere for IT support.
Use this research to:
- Identify service gaps that are weakening the credibility of your service desk.
- Standardize your processes with effective automation and allocation.
- Develop a knowledge base and expand its functionality.
- Transfer skills and knowledge to your Level 1 staff and your end users.
- Understand key performance indicators and improve metrics.
Ensure that you are making the most of your resources in order to deliver quality service to your organization. Often, it’s as simple as filling out a template.