Data stands among any organization’s most valuable assets. Yet, many organizations leave that data under-protected by not investing effectively in their backup solution. Some assume that simply because their backups are completing within a specific window, their data is protected. It’s only when it comes time to recover that data that the gaps in the solution are revealed. This storyboard describes how organizations can better understand the value of their backup environment, while emphasizing the ways in which a focus on people and processes can help get more out of existing infrastructure without a costly expenditure.
This storyboard details a hands-on process that storage administrators can use to:
- Identify risks associated with present approaches to backup
- Document existing backup procedures and identify areas for improvement
- Determine actual recovery requirements and create backup service tiers
- Develop a robust testing and verification approach that will build confidence in the recoverability of the backup solution
- Turn backup into recovery services, more effectively communicating backup’s value to end users and stakeholders