RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Easy access to social media, cloud computing, big data, and mobile services has bred a new class of business employee that take on more technology projects without IT involvement. Business employees are tech-savvy but do not have the knowledge, experience, or expertise to innovate around such technologies to maximize security, maintain compliance, and minimize risk – but IT does. However, business units may not regard IT as an innovation player and in some cases view IT as a barrier to innovation.
This solution set will help IT leaders:
- Understand innovation and success factors within an enterprise
- Identify disconnection between how the Business and IT view innovation
- Gain the confidence necessary from business units to position IT as an innovation player by:
- Innovating within IT and communicating the value of IT innovations.
- Innovating with business units to help them achieve strategic goals and optimize business processes.
- Helping business units take advantage of new and emerging technologies.
Leverage IT’s multi-department spanning position to facilitate innovation enterprise-wide by being a central entity in an Innovation Governance Model designed to make innovation an iterative and managed practice.