RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Today's IT innovations are data disruptors:
- Cloud computing takes the data out of the enterprise IT environment.
- Mobile computing allows access to corporate data anywhere, anytime.
- New computing paradigms impact the level of trust organizations have in their own data.
- Data management technology is improving to meet the new demands.
Be proactive on immediate and critical data issues:
- Set policies and use technology to maintain control of your data in a cloudy IT environment.
- Set policies to control corporate data access from mobile devices.
- Improve data trust through provenance policies and data stewardship.
- Use data virtualization technology as part of your data management plan for faster time to value of data aggregation and integration.
Architect and plan for the future:
- Data provenance technology is emerging; impacting all data repositories from operations through backup and archiving.
- Big data is a big deal. Prepare for it with architecture and planning to define boundaries, allocate resources and funding, and procure technology.
- Analytics are providing new insights into old problems. Don’t ignore it.