Develop a Five Year Data Architecture Plan Storyboard Sample
Today's IT innovations are data disruptors:
- Cloud computing takes the data out of the enterprise IT environment.
- Mobile computing allows access to corporate data anywhere, anytime.
- New computing paradigms impact the level of trust organizations have in their own data.
- Data management technology is improving to meet the new demands.
Be proactive on immediate and critical data issues:
- Set policies and use technology to maintain control of your data in a cloudy IT environment.
- Set policies to control corporate data access from mobile devices.
- Improve data trust through provenance policies and data stewardship.
- Use data virtualization technology as part of your data management plan for faster time to value of data aggregation and integration.
Architect and plan for the future:
- Data provenance technology is emerging; impacting all data repositories from operations through backup and archiving.
- Big data is a big deal. Prepare for it with architecture and planning to define boundaries, allocate resources and funding, and procure technology.
- Analytics are providing new insights into old problems. Don’t ignore it.