Take an inventory of IT services throughout the organization and provide the following information for each IT service:
- Functional Area
- IT Service/Function Type
- Specific Name of IT Service/Function
- Business Process Supported
- Current Breadth of Use
- Specific Location Used
- Number of Users
- Supported By
- Number of Support Staff
- Name of Primary IT Contact
- Name of Primary Business Contact
Use this IT Service Catalog Inventory Tool by:
- Delete the pre-populated text and replace it with your organization's information.
- Fill out the IT Service Catalog Inventory tab.
- After filling out the template: map the IT services/functions to business processes and IT support staff. Look for redundancies, gaps, and opportunities to improve services.