Incorporate metrics into your capacity management and planning process by establishing quarterly metrics reviews with your CIO and other IT Senior Management. Use this template to create a metrics report to facilitate these quarterly reviews.
This template includes sections for:
- Reliability, Availability, Serviceability (RAS) Trends
- Are you meeting SLAs?
- How are the RAS metrics trending?
- Capacity Trends
- Are you experience spikes or predictable growth?
- Are there new projects on the horizon that will further impact capacity?
- What is the overall state of servers, storage, and network?
- Is there justification for expanding the infrastructure, whether that’s increasing servers, storage, or network bandwidth?
- Is a technology change required?
- Is a staffing increase required?