RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Microsoft Word - PREPDF_PremiumSE_SA
Improper technology selections can cripple an enterprise resulting in a loss of revenue, service disruptions, support issues, and technology replacement costs. To prevent this situation, IT managers should play an active role in the selection process and focus on the following points:
- Verify long term choices support user application needs.
- Ensure technology choices support enterprise business requirements.
- Confirm ROI calculations are valid and acceptable.
- Validate technology value propositions.
- Negotiate appropriate vendor terms and conditions.
When possible, IT managers should consider forming a technology steering committee, even if it is a small one, to analyze critical technology selections. This action will ensure that the best available enterprise resources are engaged in the selection process.