RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
The discovery phase of developing a global network strategy is an important first step. It requires detailed planning to ensure everyone understands their responsibilities related to the global network, and accounts for every component, relationship, and process.
Use this tool to:
- Establish a data collection plan between sites.
- Inventory apps at primary and global sites.
- Inventory infrastructure at primary and global sites.
- Gather vendor and expert contact information in the primary and foreign countries.
- Identify task owners and any additional resources required.
- Establish a timeline that outlines when each key data component should be collected.
- Align business and service level agreement requirements for the global WAN at primary and foreign facilities.
Use this tool as the primary resource for comparing inventories, assessing redundancies, and keeping a contact list for all internal owners and vendors.