Phase 1 will help you define the scope of your IT asset management (ITAM) program by classifying your hardware and software. A standard workflow for asset procurement will then be developed. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Identify IT asset management challenges.
- Determine the roles and responsibilities of your ITAM program.
- Envision the goals of the IT asset management program.
- Classify your organization's hardware assets to determine program scope.
- Identify reporting requirements and the data you need to collect to meet them.
- Identify IT asset procurement challenges.
- Design the workflow for hardware procurement.
- Design the workflow for software procurement.
- Identify standards for hardware procurement by role.
- Identify standards for software procurement by type.