This tool allows enterprises to profile their Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) requirements and generate a rank-ordered vendor shortlist from a fixed list of vendors. Vendor profiles are based on Info-Tech’s recent in-depth review of the IDPS market. The tool includes the following specific aspects of analysis:
- Variable prioritization for product suitability on the following factors:
- Advanced features including signature and heuristic detection and updates, Layer 7/deep packet inspection, and advanced botnet and malware detection.
- Product usability.
- Product architecture.
- Relative cost.
- Variable prioritization for vendor suitability on the following factors:
- Vendor viability.
- Vendor focus on IDPS and on the mid-to-large enterprise market.
- Breadth of the vendor support organization.
- Size and strength of the channel.
- Weightings to adjust the contribution of various suitability factors to overall vendor ranking.
- A self-sorted ranking list of IDPS vendors. The ranking is based on user input.
- Finally, variable prioritization for specifically advanced features, generates a self-sorted ranking list of IDPS vendors based on which vendor’s product has the features you require.
Narrow the vendors to a shortlist of solutions that best satisfy your organization’s requirements before sending out RFPs and scheduling vendor demonstrations.