When deploying a content filter, as with all IT initiatives, gathering configuration requirements is of the utmost importance. Upper management, along with middle management and end users, needs to be consulted when deciding what content to block, and when.
Overall, the typical content filter’s deployment steps are:
- Gather configuration requirements
- Implement the chosen solution
- Enable advanced features
- Build the filtering policies
- Pilot filter implementation
- Capture feedback
- Continue filter deployment until the entire company is covered
Follow this approach to help minimize end user complaints and resistance to content filtering.