Identify a structure for the CMDB and develop an achievable, realistic plan for populating it. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Map out the systems involved in core business-facing services.
- Design a data model for these services.
- Identify requirements for discovery tools.
- Create a data population strategy.
- Identify IT management processes that interface with configuration management.
- Define processes to maintain the configuration management systems.
- Design dashboards and reports to aid with CMDB maintenance.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Harness Configuration Management Superpowers.