RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Enterprises spend significant time negotiating price and service levels with telecom providers. Unfortunately, this is not always the case when it comes to installation services. The failure to read the telecom provider's standard installation terms and conditions is a mistake that often creates problems that are difficult to rectify. Consider the following points when planning and negotiating telecom installation services:
- Require telecom providers/vendors to respond to areas of concern.
- Prepare installation plans in advance.
- Request a project manager to coordinate activities.
- Include non-performance penalties in contracts.
- Ensure users understand what to expect and address concerns.
Numerous enterprises do not have the resources to track every aspect of telecom service installations. Consequently, it is critical to develop and employ an installation plan that helps guarantee installations are completed on time and work as promised.