Use your charter as a project management tool. Use this master document to centralize the critical information regarding the objectives, staffing, timeline, and expected outcome of the project. Build project management into the process at the beginning.
- Document the project sponsor of the project
- Identify purpose, goals, and objectives.
- Identify the project risks and mitigation strategy.
- Build a cross-functional project team and assign responsibilities.
- Define project team expectations and meeting frequency.
- Develop a timeline for the project with key milestones.
- Identify metrics for tracking success.
- Receive approval for the project.