This phase of the blueprint will help you put the people, committees, policies, and procedures in place that will ensure a sustainable data governance program. In addition, a communication plan will be put in place to create a culture that values data governance and enables business insight. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Learn about technology offerings that will simplify and centralize data governance initiatives for the organization.
- Create the key roles and responsibilities for an effective data governance program, including data stewards, owners, and the data governance steering committee and council.
- Create your data governance steering committee charter.
- Generate the guiding governance policies and communicate them to the organization.
- Measure ongoing success in the program.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Enable Shared Insights With an Effective Data Governance Engine.