This phase of the blueprint will help you create a business data glossary, engage key business units, and socialize the importance of data governance to the business. Elicit stakeholder requirements and use your findings to provide insight into your program. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Learn the benefits of data governance to the business and IT.
- Understand and communicate the business drivers for a data governance program.
- Align your corporate and IT strategies for data governance.
- Generate a business data glossary using inputs from the business to identify and document key data assets of the business.
- Learn about Info-Tech's data governance framework.
- Assess the maturity of the organization's data governance program.
- Define the scope.
- Create the project team.
- Build a RACI chart.
- Identify the risks and create mitigation strategies.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Enable Shared Insights With an Effective Data Governance Engine.