RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Regardless of enterprise size, determining the impact of network outages on the business is the first step in developing a network disaster recovery plan. Once the impact is known, enterprises should take appropriate steps to verify that service providers can protect and restore critical communication services when required. This research note discusses several areas that should be addressed by those enterprises with disaster recovery requirements.
- Why deal with a Tier 1 network service provider?
- What are the specific broadband circuit protection mechanisms and guarantees?
- What is available for “last mile” circuit protection and recovery?
- What is the impact of a POP failure on the enterprise?
- Why Service provider cellular services will not help.
Most enterprises have a disaster back-up plan available for the data center. However, unless some level of reliable network connectivity is also available and guaranteed, the business will suffer.