Data center consolidation has consistently ranked as one of the top-of-mind projects for CIOs across the globe. Consolidation has been popular due to its ability to provide cost and efficiency improvements. While the benefits are attractive, they are by no means guaranteed. Successful data center consolidation is dependent on effective project planning. This blueprint provides a streamlined approach to:
- Break down the overall consolidation project into manageable pieces.
- Discover dependencies and establish dependency bundle priority.
- Gather and address business requirements.
- Streamline the move-day process through effective communication between teams.
- Formalize the project retrospective and incorporate key learning points for future consolidation projects.