Technically sophisticated small enterprises with advanced Web application requirements that have invested in quality assurance (QA) can benefit from automated performance testing. An automated testing tool can help IT determine an application’s performance attributes and avoid potential performance bottlenecks before deployment – when debugging costs are less expensive. Info-Tech Research Group recently evaluated five of the leading automated performance testing tools. This research note focuses on IBM Rational Performance Tester.
This evaluation discusses:
- Current trends in the automated performance testing market.
- IBM Rational’s vendor position.
- Key features of IBM Rational Performance Tester.
- Licensing, support, and pricing details.
- Strengths and weaknesses of IBM Rational Performance Tester.
Evaluate the tool’s quality of service landscape, in terms of vendor and product viability, pricing, and licensing to determine if IBM Rational Performance Tester will meet QA