RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
How can IT determine an application's performance attributes and avoid potential inconsistencies before the app is deployed and the damage is done? One way to test or validate an application's performance before production is to run performance tests with an automated tool. Info-Tech recently evaluated five of the leading automated performance testing solutions. This research note focuses on Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) 2008 Test Edition and Test Load Agent.
This evaluation discusses:
- Current trends in the automated performance testing market.
- Vendor position of Microsoft.
- Key features of VSTS 2008 Test Edition and Test Load Agent.
- Pricing, support, and licensing details.
- Strengths and weaknesses.
Evaluate the Microsoft performance testing offering in terms of vendor and product viability, pricing, and licensing to determine if VSTS 2008 Test Edition and Test Load Agent will meet the organization's QA needs.