Use this phase to assess gaps in your infrastructure capabilities. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Define quality expectations from core services to set a foundation for benchmarking.
- Measure current services and compare against expected quality attributes with a three-step approach.
- Create a structural map of each core service's underlying infrastructure.
- Identify sources of deficiency by diving deeper into the current infrastructure landscape.
- Match gaps to appropriate solutions.
- Rank the importance of the initiatives according to the business goals and priorities of your organization.
- Communicate the right information about the infrastructure architecture initiatives to different stakeholders.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Align Infrastructure Architecture to Business Value.