Plan the Project
Planning a project can be an overwhelming task, further complicated by the expectations of a heavy and formal PM process. Before becoming immersed in a project, it is essential to have a firm understanding of how the PM process should be carried out. Often, project planning is ignored in favor of getting on with work; however, many organizations fail to realize the value of a project plan in saving time, money, and mitigating risks. Leverage the tools provided in this module to set out a successful plan that can be used as a baseline for the project.
This module consists of three steps:
- Understand PM Lite
- Assess Project Details
- Determine How To Achieve Project Objectives
When you have completed this module, you will have:
- A comprehensive guide to help with the project management process, from start to finish.
- Step-by-step guidance on how to evaluate and set the appropriate level of process for your organization.
- A sound project planning approach that you can use for future projects.
- A method for organizing, coordinating, and directing how the project team is going to deliver on its goals and objectives.
- Various templates to assist in setting out and communicating project expectations.
- A baseline project plan to compare and analyze actual project progress with estimated expectations.
The care and effort devoted to project start-up and planning makes the most significant contribution to project success. Ensure that the project team is using the necessary planning tools to set the stage for project execution.
Bundle 1 of 3
|Optimize IT Fast Track Activity||Fast Track Tool: Assess Project Details|
|Light PM Process Guidelines||Light Project Management Process Guide|
|Project Definition||Project Definition Statement|
|Create the Project Plan||
Macro FAQ Document
Project Planning and Monitoring Tool With Macro
Project Planning and Monitoring Tool
Project Milestones Report