Automated HR management applications provide cost savings, increase operational efficiencies, and manage human capital by combining many HR functions (e.g. payroll, benefits administration, recruiting, applicant tracking, training and performance) into a single, highly integrated solution. The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model is being increasingly accepted in the mid-market and employee self-service eliminates “dead” time of manual systems.
The main topics covered in this note include:
- What an HR system is and how it works.
- The key cost considerations and elements of calculating total cost of ownership of an HR system.
- SaaS versus on-demand system delivery methods.
- Employee self-service.
- Solutions types and how to decide between solutions.
- The early steps to take when considering an HR system.
IT leaders considering automated HR management applications must first look internally and assess the organization's needs.