Align IT with the Real End Customer Storyboard Sample
Organizations are becoming increasingly focused on the customer and much of this focus places technology at the center. However, the business units feel uncomfortable working with IT for customer-related projects because they don’t believe that IT understands the customer. IT struggles to understand what they should be doing different to support this growing customer-focus.
This storyboard includes:
- Preparing a project charter to gain the support of your key stakeholders.
- Determining the target processes your organization should adopt to fit your unique use case.
- Embedding IT staff in the business to ensure the smooth flow of customer information.
- Updating metrics and motivators to inspire IT staff to create solutions that are truly innovative.
- Effectively communicating and training IT staff on the new changes.
Take a process-based approach for aligning IT with the customer, grounded in what you know, that doesn’t involve turning your developers into sales representatives.