- Casinos, casino hotels, and restaurants are looking for a solution to manage both front-end point of sale and back-end analytics and scheduling.
- Hospitality clients have significant integration requirements, and a Point of Sale (POS) solution often must be able to interface with property management systems and casino management systems.
- Hospitality clients do not want to invest in a disparate system for managing operations; the POS must be able to govern inventory, scheduling, and reporting.
- The Integration Imperative. POS vendors have refocused on open architecture, but integration limitations are still common. A POS solution must integrate with the systems that are important to your business. Additional features do not circumvent the need for core compatibility.
- Simple and Cheap Disrupters. Square and PayPal are offering free POS hardware and software, charging only a small transaction rate for their services. These cheap offerings will likely cost POS vendors market share and motivate innovation in the industry.
- Modularity Trend. While POS systems have evolved to provide more features, most of these features don’t come “out of the box.” While this allows for a best of breed approach, expect to pay for additional modules.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the POS market.
- Evaluate prominent and trend-setting vendors and products against your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
1. Assess the need for a POS solution and narrow down a list of vendors
Create a strong list of vendor candidates.
2. Contrast and evaluate a shortlist of vendors
Select the right POS vendor.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.