RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- ERP provides standardization and automation to resource and financial manangement. The enterprise-level systems provide modules to support resource planning in every department.
- The cost and complexity of ERP makes achieving ROI impossible without clear goals and enterprise-wide support. Most organizations fail to standardize their processes and rely on costly customizations to match the ERP to the business needs.
- The vast number and type of modules that are available often leads to unused modules.
- Focus on the primary business pain that you need to solve, and match the need and vendor. All vendors in this landscape can support the basic financial planning and reporting that enterprises need to handle.
- These products will not fix any data quality or data access problems. That still requires forethought and governance; this cannot be automated.
- Evaluate the analytics as a primary requirement, not as an afterthought.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the ERP market.
- Evaluate ERP vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
1. Evaluate the leading solutions for enterprise ERP
Understand the market and available options.
2. Identify the enterprise ERP solution that best meets business needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
3. Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
4. Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.