- Understanding each unique employee’s motivators and engagement drivers.
- Using recognition tactics that incentivize staff behavior and performance that benefits the department and broader organization.
- Creating non-disruptive and cost-efficient recognition techniques.
- Laying the foundation for a peer-to-peer recognition culture.
- Employees prefer non-cash rewards or thoughtful acts of recognition over cash rewards.
- Small genuine gestures of recognition from a manager or peer can be the most impactful recognition tactic for most employees.
Impact and Result
- Employees become more motivated, proactive, and committed.
- Staff sees peers and peer behavior that they wish to emulate.
- Improved and more frequent acts of recognition help to improve the culture of the IT department.
1. Recognize the value and work of your small enterprise IT team
Build a plan for implementing recognition techniques that motivate your team and benefit your organization.
This guided implementation is a two call advisory process.
Call #1 - Create a recognition plan
- Discuss the IT team’s current dynamics, general engagement, and current recognition techniques.
- Learn about leading practices and techniques for engaging and recognizing employees.
- Discuss department goals and staff behaviors that you want to encourage.
- Brainstorm staff recognition and engagement techniques.
Call #2 - Develop how to sustain and expand your recognition plan
- Reflect on new recognition tactics and their impact on staff engagement and productivity.
- Discuss how to maintain momentum for your recognition techniques and ingrain it into your team’s culture.
- Explore the option of planning a larger IT engagement initiative.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Build Your Recognition Program
- Understand the keys to a successful recognition program.
- Identify pains related to recognition and define tactics to mitigate these pains.
- Define key behaviors to recognize.
- Determine right-sized recognition tactics to recognize positive behaviors.
- Build recognition toolkits to make recognition easy.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Defined program vision statement.
- Identified metrics.
- Clearly defined behaviors that you will recognize.
- Determined recognition tactics.
- A personalized recognition toolkit to provide to management.
Identify recognition characteristics.
- Identify current pains.
Build recognition vision statement.
- Recognition Vision Statement
Analyze current state.
Define key metrics.
- Program Metrics
Determine recognition behaviors.
- Recognition Handbook
Build recognition toolkit.
- Recognition Toolkit