- Tait Communications
- International Civil Aviation Organization
- US Navy
- McKee Foods
- IT is typically backlogged with tasks while the business waits to implement key solutions to remain competitive. In this competitive space, Cloud solutions offer attractive benefits to business stakeholders especially around agility and cost.
- Moving to the Cloud involves more than outsourcing a component of the technology stack. Roles, processes, and authentication technologies need to be redefined to fit a distributed stack where parts of the IT solution space reside on-premise while the rest are in the Cloud.
- Cloud integration means accepting loss of control in product development. A Cloud vendor will address the needs of most constituents and any high degree of customization which counteracts their business model. This makes integration a complex initiative involving two separate parties trying to align.
- Cloud integration is a fundamental commitment to change within the organization as it deeply impacts roles, processes, and technologies.
- Be prepared to lose some degree of control of SLA management. IT will have to manage multiple Cloud SLAs and deliver a lowest common approach to the business. This may mean lowering the SLA standards previously set with on-premise solutions.
- Cloud integration isn’t just about the technology. It is a dedication to establish solid relationships with the Cloud vendor. Understanding where the cloud solution is moving and what issues are being addressed are critical to creating an organizational road map for the future.
Impact and Result
- Develop a Cloud integration strategy by proactively understanding the impact of Cloud integration efforts to the organization.
- Realize that Cloud integration will be an ongoing process of collaboration with the business, and that the initial implementation does not constitute an end.
- Implement an integrated support structure that includes on-premise and cloud stacks.
1. Understand the impacts of Cloud computing on Data, Application, Access, and Service Level Agreement integration
Assess your current level of Cloud adoption and integration, focusing on solutions that are emerging in the market and the applicability to your IT environment.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.