Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
The business of technical support has morphed into a broader concept of IT Service Management (ITSM). The old “Help Desk” has gradually shifted towards ITSM and IT leaders need to take a step back and revisit their Service Desk strategy.
Use this research to:
- Understand emerging trends that alter the flow of IT support.
- Analyze service gaps that have emerged as users try to solve more of their technology issues before contacting IT.
- Determine the most appropriate set of delivery channels for IT services.
Service Desk strategy is too often developed without stopping to look at the broader context of corporate and IT strategy. Alignment with the overall strategy and recognition of resourcing limitations helps IT leaders to develop a Service Desk strategy that is practical and believable.