RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Rea & Associates, Inc.
- Advance Business Systems & Supply Company
- 99 professionals contributed information that assisted with the development of this solution set.
- Businesses are experiencing an increase in the volume of enterprise data between 40% and 60% per year.
- This increase in data storage needs routinely leads to additional storage capacity purchases.
- Enterprises look to alternatives like cloud storage to reduce storage costs, often ignoring the time required to upload and download data, and not testing crucial steps like full server restores.
- Cloud storage does not replace spending on in-house storage capacity, just as cloud computing does not replace money spent on servers and networking equipment. The expense is simply directed at a third-party, purchasing the same type of equipment.
- Though most cloud storage adopters feel comfortable with the security of their data in the cloud, many are not able to restore files within their stated recovery time and restore point objectives.
- Cloud storage can drastically reduce costs for companies with high traffic websites delivering large media files, and increase disaster recovery capabilities as an off-site backup replication solution.
Impact and Result
- Maximize your cloud storage adoption success by using it in the way most appropriate for your business, not in the way cloud storage vendors believe you should.
- Every cloud storage service has a use case that it is most appropriately suited for; you will save time by focusing your efforts on evaluating vendors that suit your business needs.
- Save money by avoiding capital expenditures on new storage capacity, and staying away from cloud storage vendors that nickel and dime you in every way possible. Invoices that are hard to read will instigate questions from the business about what you are paying for and why.
1. Place cloud storage in my arsenal of alternatives in the right situation
Avoid additional capital expense on storage capacity, or reduce Web content delivery costs.
2. Determine the quickest way to move my data to cloud storage
Reduce the amount of time required to complete data migrations and restores.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.