- More customer interaction channels are arising every day, especially around social, that are strongly favored by customers. This requires organizations to revisit their customer service strategy.
- Organizations are exploiting new interaction channels for sales and marketing, but generally lag in merging these channels into their customer service strategy.
- Customer service organizations are unsure when and how to integrate social media into their customer service strategy.
- Customers are rapidly adopting a preference for social channels for engaging suppliers, as well interacting among themselves. As a result, service strategies based on older interaction channels are losing effectiveness.
- Most organizations have not fully integrated social channels with their customer service infrastructure, which prevents development of the most effective hybrid channel service strategy.
- Proactive monitoring of the social cloud for service opportunities is more effective at achieving service goals than simply adding social channels for customer-initiated inquiries.
Impact and Result
- Understand how customer service fits into the broader organizational picture to assess social media for customer service and update customer service strategies.
- Assess the value of new and old customer service channels to design an effective hybrid channel customer service strategy.
- Adopt a proactive approach to assisting customers in order to improve customer service outcomes.
1. Understand how customer service fits into the broader organizational picture and adopt best practices for service technology integration
Assess social media for customer service, update strategies, find opportunities to act proactively, and achieve service goals at the lowest cost-to-serve.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.