Create a Corporate Personal Cloud Vision in Two Days
Enable anywhere access, but maintain control of the corporate cloud.
- Workforce computing is moving beyond singular PCs to mobile, virtual, and cloud.
- A number of forces are driving the change to workforce computing, including virtualization, mobile devices and consumerization, SaaS and HTML5 applications, and cloud storage/file sharing.
- It is necessary that IT gets ahead of these trends or be left behind.
- The enterprise cannot manage workforce computing in a cloudy future if it does not own and manage the key enabling services of the personal cloud – application portals, cloud file sharing, and integrated identity management.
- A corporate personal cloud strategy will provide end users with greater choice by supplying them with a corporate approved app store. Doing so will mitigate risk by lessening the likelihood that users will engage consumer apps for corporate use.
- End users will also experience improved service by gaining access to corporate resources anytime, anywhere, on any device, and are able to self-provision applications.
Impact and Result
- Organizations need to develop a strategy for enabling corporate personal clouds through the evaluation of their current state, their level of internal demand, opportunities, and challenges.
- Determine a roadmap specific to your organization’s priorities for implementing corporate personal cloud computing.
- Maximize the successful adoption of corporate personal clouds by gaining buy-in with a strong communication and change management plan.
Develop a case for workforce cloud
Boost service while managing risk and maintaining appropriate controls.
Set goals and requirements for achieving the ideal state
Gain a prioritized list of recommendations based on the organization’s current state and level of readiness.
Evaluate readiness and build a roadmap
Select a solution that best fits the organization's needs.