Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
This solution set aims to educate IT professionals about the various options in the mobile application space. Though this is a relatively new space, the BYOD trends, and consumerization of mobile devices makes this pertinent. The main points of this solution set are:
- Having a clear strategy for mobile development is integral to succeeding in this space.
- Mobile development is governed by three dimensions: form factor, platform, and application type.
- Native applications, though they cater well to the specific hardware features of a mobile device, can be extremely costly, and are not compatible across multiple devices. Therefore, to best prepare for the future, companies should develop web apps wherever possible.
Use this solution set to aid your decisions surrounding mobile application development. Major decisions around platform, form factor, and web vs. native require thought, and a good understanding of this space.