Develop a Video Conferencing Strategy
Seeing is believing: understand the future of face-to-face communications before selecting a video conferencing solution.
- Many organizations are considering IP video conferencing as a means to reduce the cost and impact of travel for meetings.
- With the advent of desktop and mobile video conferencing capabilities through Unified Communications technologies, room-based or dedicated video conferencing systems are not the only visual communication option available.
- This solution set focuses on the key elements of selecting a video conferencing system, whether as a standalone, or as a component of a pervasive video communications strategy.
- A room-based video conferencing system is not the only option that can be chosen to avoid travelling; organizations must understand the needs of those workers who travel regularly to determine which video conferencing requirements exist.
- Implementing room-based video conferencing systems within the context of a pervasive video communication strategy offers the greatest opportunity to reduce travel costs and improve productivity through enhanced communication.
Impact and Result
- Develop a strategy that highlights the costs of not pursuing video conferencing, complete with a supporting financial analysis and project proposal.
- Maximize the value of investments in video conferencing by targeting specific use cases, right-sizing the chosen endpoints to the specific use case, and leveraging large-screen displays to enhance communication and collaboration when video conferences are not in progress.
Understand video conferencing technology and the elements of a visual communication strategy
Develop a plan for investing in video conferencing technology.
Capture and compare the costs of travel against the costs of video conferencing systems
Build a business case to demonstrate the value of investments in video conferencing technology.
Present the case for video conferencing to decision makers
Get buy-in for the video conferencing strategy.
Solicit vendors for a video conferencing project
Issue a custom video conferencing RFP.
Shortlist video conferencing RFP respondents
Evaluate RFP responses and capture scoring information.
Conduct a live demo to verify proposed system functionality
Put each shortlisted vendor through the same demo of video conferencing system capabilities.
Detail the financial impacts of a video conferencing investment
Capture project costs and benefits, and demonstrate the three-year TCO and ROI.