Build and Document Your DRP – Part 2
Develop a DRP that caters to your small enterprise.
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Leverage the second part of this DRP mini-series to strengthen your processes around DR failover, testing, and maintenance of the DR documentations.
- SMB organizations often times find themselves without a primary failover site, significantly limiting IT’s ability to quickly restore operations following a disaster event.
- Scarce human capital resources coupled with a lack of focus on the DR management process create a high risk of failure for most DR plans.
- Creating the DRP is an onerous process in itself, and many organizations fail to continuously update and improve once the initial DR plan has been created.
- Identify your options for co-location, and create a fail-safe set of steps to guide your IT organization through effective DR failover.
- Leverage this research to assess proficiency and needs, and use these inputs to create comprehensive test documentation that will support the test facilitator through passive testing.
- Work through the relevant activities presented to keep DR documents maintained, updated, and improved on an on-going basis.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.