Create a service management roadmap based on the output received from the current state assessment and the identified target state. There are three sample roadmap tools – one for each phase of the service management journey. Which tool you should use depends on your current and target state.
The following factors will also play a role in deciding your roadmap:
- Current maturity level for each process
- Dependencies on other processes
- Prerequisite processes that need to be in place
- Level of investment you are able to make
- Availability of resources to implement the initiative
- Technology requirements
- Organizational change management
Before you build out the roadmap, take a closer look at the definitions of each service management process so you can understand the objectives, benefits, and activities involved.