Enterprises that are building or refreshing their server rooms must first estimate the facility requirements to determine a high level budget. Although requirements gathering can often be a time consuming task, it is crucial in determining estimations for the present and future server room and is helpful in making decisions related to server room facility management.
This At-a-Glance research note will aid in navigating Info-Tech research on the following aspects of facility requirements planning for the server room:
- Estimating power requirements.
- Estimating cooling requirements.
- Estimating standby power requirements.
- Fire Protection requirements.
- Server room sizing.
- Server room and support room layout and design.
Refer to Info-Tech research when estimating server room facility requirements to aid in determining a high level budget during the build versus buy decision for the server room.