Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Planning for the physical layout and design of the data center building space should include more than just the equipment room. For example, areas for loading equipment, storage, and support personnel should be included in building space allocations to ensure that all space requirements of the data center are included in a high level budget.
This note will address:
• Allocating building space to support areas related to data center activity and functions.
• Planning for the physical space layout of the equipment room.
• Recommendations for allocating space in the data center building on an architectural level.
Consider all data center functions and space requirements before drawing up final architecture plans and determining a budget for the data center building space.